Taking home the win for this week’s “web-packaging” contest is Take a look inside the Super Bowl ad factory. It was created by the team of: Courtney Wells, Jeremy Binckes, Angela Carter, Vaughn Hagerty and Brooke Howard.
Breaking news producer Jillian Sederholm nominated the project and said: “This is so much better than just doing an article or listicle of Super Bowl commercials.”
- Janet Yellen to become first woman to lead the Federal Reserve - by Meena Thiruvengadam
- Omaha! Omaha! The story behind Peyton Manning’s favorite audible - by Matt Walks
Tip of the week
Want your emails to get read? Put some care into how you’re writing them. Remember that the person, or group, you’re emailing probably has a lot of email to get through. If it’s an email that you’d categorize as “come back to it when I have more time,” you’d be wise to give it a rewrite. Very rarely do we ever “come back to” emails. Here are some tips to break through the clutter:
- Get to the point immediately.
- Keep notes as short as possible.
- Avoid big blocks of text
Those are the really important ones. Here’s a couple more good practices:
- Insert links into text. It’ll make your communication cleaner and easier to read.
- If you’re responding to an email that you’re upset about, pause. Let some time pass before you respond.